International SEO is one of the more complex aspects of search engine optimization. It requires many more considerations than just SEO, too.
Within this module, you’ll learn about the various components that go into the decision to internationalize your website. Not only that, but you’ll be walked through the different technical architecture approaches that are available, including their pros and cons, as well as getting an overview of the various different technical implementations that a whole host of different brands have chosen to take.
After you’ve grasps some of the more foundational aspects of international SEO, you’ll move on to the more advanced pieces. This includes a full technical walkthrough of implementing hreflang – a critical technical component for international SEO – into your website.
What you’ll learn
Within this module, the following areas will be covered:
- When you should consider internationalization and when you shouldn’t.
- Analyzing the local search demand for your offering.
- Deciding whether to split by language, country or both.
- The various international information architecture models.
- Which architecture structures are adopted by popular brands.
- How to implement your information architecture.
- The other technical considerations as part of the process.
- What hreflang is and why it’s important.
- The various ways to implement hreflang on your website.