We published 111 lessons in the TTT Academy last year 👀
To make sure none slip under your radar (and give you a chance to revisit any of your faves), we thought we’d pull them all together in one place for you to dive into.
So, without further ado, here’s every lesson and course we published last year:
Where better to start than Dave Smart’s lessons on the fundamentals of how search works:
- How Search Engines Crawl Your Site
- How Search Engines Index and Render Content
- Rich Results 101: How to Control How Your Content is Served in the Serps
And with Google recently expanding E-A-T to E-E-A-T, there’s never been a better time to familiarize yourself with how this often-misunderstood ranking factor works. So, be sure to check out Adam Durrant’s lesson on Leveraging Google’s E-A-T Concept for Success in the SERPs
We medium-key dropped some BIG tech SEO courses from some super smart SEOs in 2022:
- Lazarina Stoy brought you The SEO’s Complete Guide to Google Data Studio, which will take you from GDS zero to hero in just a couple of hours.
- Jess Peck revealed how to transform Chrome’s free DevTools into one of the most powerful tools in your SEO toolkit in this 12-part guide.
- Logan Bryant walked you through how to start using SEO experiments to add rocket fuel on your SEO results in The Complete Guide to SEO Testing.
Throughout the year we also published some of our Community Advocate’s greatest tech SEO hits.
From Niki, learn:
- Technical SEO beyond site audits
- My favorite ways to use Screaming Frog
- Building out an SEO-friendly WordPress tech stack
- Getting search traction in a niche vertical
- Sitemaps: Basics and best practices
- Log file analysis 101
- 10 facts about Googlebot every SEO should know
- An E-A-T-centric guide to optimizing product detail pages
- Planning for migrations, consolidations, replatforming, and the absolute worst
- Finding your hidden domains, assets, and liabilities
- Let’s talk internationalization strategy
- Digital is the fake news battlefront
- The right tools for fighting disinformation
- Commented code and crawler confusion
- Want to crush SEO? Start with optimizing for the browser
- SEO isn’t dead, but keyword optimization is
- Chromium, the main thread, and why your Core Web Vitals suck
- That one time I de-indexed my whole site
Are you one of the 26.7% of TTT members who still haven’t made the switch from UA to GA4 yet?
- Best practices for an e-commerce blog
- E-commerce SEO quick wins
- Optimizing faceted navigation for e-commerce
- Alternatives to faceted navigation for e-commerce
Ian, Nick, Matt – and a who’s who of SEO’s best and brightest – covered everything from their morning routines, client horror stories, and the best metric to show SEO growth in 2022’s monthly live Q&As.
Catch up on them all here:
- January 2022 Live Q&A
- February 2022 Live Q&A with Logan Bryant
- March 2022 Live Q&A with Amanda Milligan
- April 2022 Live Q&A with Jacque Urick
- May 2022 Live Q&A on with Sam Torres and Tory Gray
- June 2022 Live Q&A
- July 2022 Live Q&A
- August 2022 Live Q&A with John Henry Scherck
- September 2022 Live Q&A (without Matt 🥳)
- October 2022 Live Q&A with Alex Johnson
- November 2022 Live Q&A with Cyrus Shepard
On the link building front:
- Sophie Brannon schooled us on How To Conduct A Link Audit.
- Amanda Milligan gave us a digital PR masterclass in her lesson on How “Timely Evergreen” Content Can Earn You Massive SEO Benefits
- Ian started the year by wrapping up his course on everything you need to know about guest posting.
Up your keyword research game with Dmitry Dragilev’s masterclass on The 9 SERP Weaknesses: A Simple Shortcut to Find Keywords You Can Easily Rank For.
Made it your New Year’s resolution to launch an affiliate site this year? Start with Jake Sheridan’s lesson on How to Validate a Niche Website for Less Than $100.
This lesson on How to Generate Leads Through LinkedIn by Ryan Darani was one of the first we published last year and is still one of my personal faves. Learn the step-by-step strategy Ryan used to generate $200,000 worth of business from LinkedIn during his first year as an SEO consultant.
Starting and scaling an agency
Want to start or grow an SEO agency in 2023? Don’t miss some of Blake’s greatest hits:
- How to raise your retainer rates (and why you need to)
- The practical guide to closing more deals
- How to scale a remote-first SEO agency
- Marketing your SEO agency: The cobbler’s children have no shoes
- How to delegate (and stop being the bottleneck in your SEO agency)
- Your sales pipeline is your agency’s lifeblood
- The 10-minute local SEO audit for discovery calls
- 12 things I’ve learned from running an SEO agency for 12 years
Or Kristin Tynski hard-earned insights:
- Growing your agency: How to break through the noise
- 7 tips for hiring top-tier creative talent
- 10 tips for surviving and thriving with agency partners
- 20 painful lessons from 13 years running a bootstrapped agency
We all know Google wants to serve users helpful content. But… what does “helpful content” look like, exactly? Bernard reveals all in The Future of SEO: How to Rank and Stay On Top of the SERPS.
Content refreshes can send a site soaring up the SERPs – and Michael Keenan shows you how in From Zero to Hero: How to Refresh Content and Increase Traffic
And Jenna Potter schooled us on:
- How to implement a hub and spoke model in content marketing
- The practical guide to creating a content strategy that drives results
- Creating content for every stage of the sales funnel
- Editing content for SEO
In 2023, video is only set to become more important to your content strategy.
Jenna has got you with lessons on:
And last but not least, Niki wrote some must-read Community Advocate threads for anyone looking to take their career to the next level in 2023:
- The SEO conference survival guide
- Getting started with SEO
- Lessons learned during my 12-year career in SEO
- How to be a better people manager
- So, you want to be a freelancer
And that’s all, folks!
Stay tuned for another year of lessons and courses from some of the smartest SEOs around 👀